Ergonomics is more important than ever
- Hours of sitting at the computer and not enough movement: modern working habits stress the muscular-skeletal system. It has been optimised for constant alteration between walking, lying and standing in eons of training.
- The result: the body reacts with workplace-related pain to an enviroment it wasn't designed for.
- Around 11 million workers currently suffer from work related back pain. Two-thirds of them feel that their quality of life is suffering as a result of their current condition.
- This is where ergonomics comes into play: it creates good working conditions for people so that they perform their tasks in an optimal, health-preserving way.
Prevention is better than treatment
- The position of the pelvis plays a pivotal role in maintaining an ergonomic, active and upright posture. This is why Dauphin has developed innovative seat mechanisms that enable movement.
- The automatic seat-tilt adjustment provides stimuli for straightening the spinal column, relieves strain on the body, and prevents chronic illness.
Incorrect posture no.1: rounded spine
- A passive seated posture weakens the postural muscles.
- The Intervertebral discs are exposed to one-sided stress.
- Pressure on the nerves affects digestion, breathing and concetration.
- The result are muscular tension, pain, inflammation and loss of mobility.
Increased productivity through ergonomics
- Maintain natural double-S shape of the spinal column.
- The back muscles support the spinal column in an upright position.
- Movement relieves muscle strain and increases perfomance and concentration.